Mesa 6.5.3 Release Notes / April 27, 2007¶
Mesa 6.5.3 is a development release with many changes and new features. Mesa 7.0 is expected to follow shortly.
39f33ea64e34e2d5b20640b008b57649 MesaLib-6.5.3.tar.gz 46359457147c469745f24b5074a186f0 MesaLib-6.5.3.tar.bz2 a8946fa861634ce15971396f47992c41 MesaLib-6.5.3.zip 08e26948d57eaca74d02a530b2d8106e MesaDemos-6.5.3.tar.gz 8af91773ab2653fe537499676b05f2e8 MesaDemos-6.5.3.tar.bz2 783f81b171bf89b0929abc894efd25a6 MesaDemos-6.5.3.zip 9467d415388fe1ad82991fb20704b812 MesaGLUT-6.5.3.tar.gz 360843e46b7ebb6909290b023f9b26fa MesaGLUT-6.5.3.tar.bz2 7686065e5c15a30de08a1610860b6840 MesaGLUT-6.5.3.zip
- OpenGL 2.0 and 2.1 API support.
- Entirely new Shading Language code generator. See the Shading Language page for more information.
- Much faster software execution of vertex, fragment shaders.
- New vertex buffer object (vbo) infrastructure
- Updated glext.h file (version 39)
- Updated glxext.h file (version 19)
- GL_MAX_DRAWBUFFERS is now 4 (software rendering) so “multiple render targets” are really supported.
- Fog was errantly applied when a fragment shader was enabled (bug 9346)
- glPush/PopClientAttrib didn’t handle VBO bindings correctly (bug 9445)
- With 32-bit Z buffer, the fragment Z of lines and points was sometimes wrong.
- GL_POST_CONVOLUTION_ALPHA_BIAS/SCALE was broken.
- 1D convolution state could effect 2D image transfers
- Overlapping glCopyPixels with negative Y zoom didn’t work (bug 10521)
- Fixed a number of framebuffer/renderbuffer reference counting bugs
- Fixed a few bugs in software-emulated alpha planes
- Assorted minor bug fixes in glCopy/DrawPixels, glPixelZoom, etc.
- Assorted DRI driver bug fixes.
- Fixed a number of bugs that prevented “depth-peeling” rendering from working.
Internal code changes¶
- Old array_cache module replaced by new vbo module. All geometry rendering is now cast in the form of vertex buffer objects.
- Massive changes to the Shading Language compiler and related state.
- Vertex/fragment shaders are compiled into GPU instructions and programs very similar to GL_ARB_vertex/fragment_program.
- Vertex and fragment programs are executed with the same code now.
- The SSE-optimized vertex program path has been removed since it didn’t support more than 12 temp registers, didn’t support branching/looping, etc.
To Do (someday) items¶
- Switch to freeglut
- Fix linux-glide target/driver.
- Improved lambda and derivative calculation for frag progs.
Driver Status ---------------------- ---------------------- DRI drivers varies with the driver XMesa/GLX (on Xlib) implements OpenGL 2.1 OSMesa (off-screen) implements OpenGL 2.1 Windows/Win32 implements OpenGL 2.1 Glide (3dfx Voodoo1/2) implements OpenGL 1.3 SVGA unsupported Wind River UGL unsupported DJGPP unsupported GGI unsupported BeOS unsupported Allegro unsupported D3D unsupported