Mesa 7.7 Release Notes / 21 December 2009¶
Mesa 7.7 is a new development release. People who are concerned with stability and reliability should stick with a previous release or wait for Mesa 7.7.1.
Mesa 7.7 implements the OpenGL 2.1 API, but the version reported by glGetString(GL_VERSION) depends on the particular driver being used. Some drivers don’t support all the features required in OpenGL 2.1.
See the Compiling/Installing page for prerequisites for DRI hardware acceleration.
395c9516edf1ad54b0934d8db15557bf MesaLib-7.7.tar.gz e3fa64a1508bc23dd9de9dd2cea7cfb1 MesaLib-7.7.tar.bz2 e54903eb5e49c3969821fa16b32da245 MesaLib-7.7.zip 53b5b6f78e55de170d43c98cb6aaab7e MesaDemos-7.7.tar.gz 6fd616b27b9826d0faa23e08e05d9435 MesaDemos-7.7.tar.bz2 240fe06159ad73d5e22c27033b66c80a MesaDemos-7.7.zip 9fe11a904b2a9d8cd06cc52bc330b716 MesaGLUT-7.7.tar.gz e8dceed05a59a2d3c2619d7d734587e3 MesaGLUT-7.7.tar.bz2 96af041d435349ee23ead4667ec36363 MesaGLUT-7.7.zip
- VMware “SVGA” Gallium driver. This is a Gallium3D driver which targets the VMware virtual graphics device. It allows Linux OpenGL guest applications to utilize the 3D graphics hardware of the host operating system.
- GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex (supported in Intel i965 and software drivers)
- GL_ARB_depth_clamp (supported in Intel i965 DRI and software drivers)
- GL_NV_depth_clamp (supported in Intel i965 DRI and software drivers)
- GL_ARB_provoking_vertex (same as GL_EXT_provoking_vertex)
- Wavefront .obj file loader/viewer demo (progs/demos/objviewer)
- Many assorted i965 driver fixes.
- Many r300-gallium driver fixes; this driver is now considered unstable-quality instead of experimental-quality.
- New Mesa texture/surface format infrastructure
- Removed some unused Mesa device driver hooks