Mesa 7.6 Release Notes, 28 September 2009¶
Mesa 7.6 is a new development release. People who are concerned with stability and reliability should stick with a previous release or wait for Mesa 7.6.1.
Mesa 7.6 implements the OpenGL 2.1 API, but the version reported by glGetString(GL_VERSION) depends on the particular driver being used. Some drivers don’t support all the features required in OpenGL 2.1.
See the Compiling/Installing page for prerequisites for DRI hardware acceleration.
5ffa7d7abf8973f57a1bc4f813e6dade MesaLib-7.6.tar.gz 8c75f90cd0303cfac9e4b6d54f6759ca MesaLib-7.6.tar.bz2 27fcfd69708599c978cb34ba5cd363e1 MesaLib-7.6.zip e7befb3ae604f591806194a4da445628 MesaDemos-7.6.tar.gz 0ede7adf217951acd90dbe4551210c07 MesaDemos-7.6.tar.bz2 ed9298409cf6613bc0964525ca4afc8a MesaDemos-7.6.zip 666955668e44ff14acf7d15dc78407d3 MesaGLUT-7.6.tar.gz b8b59706f827d18d1b784a0ff98b4dc2 MesaGLUT-7.6.tar.bz2 c49c19c2bbef4f3b7f1389974dff25f4 MesaGLUT-7.6.zip
- OpenVG front-end (state tracker for Gallium). This was written by Zack Rusin at Tungsten Graphics.
- GL_ARB_vertex_array_object and GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object extensions (supported in Gallium drivers, Intel DRI drivers, and software drivers)
- GL_ARB_copy_buffer extension (supported in Gallium drivers, Intel DRI drivers, and software drivers)
- GL_ARB_map_buffer_range extension (supported in Gallium drivers, Intel DRI drivers, and software drivers)
- GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map extension (supported in software drivers and i965 drivers)
- GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra (ARB synonym for GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra)
- GL_ARB_sync (supported in software drivers and Intel DRI drivers)
- GL_EXT_provoking_vertex extension (supported in Gallium, i915, i965, and software drivers)
- Rewritten radeon/r200/r300 driver using a buffer manager
- radeon/r200/r300 GL_EXT_framebuffer_object support when used with kernel memory manager
- radeon/r200/r300 support for GL_ARB_occlusion_query
- r300 driver supports OpenGL 1.5
- r300 driver support for GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB
- i915/945 driver support for GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side and GL_ATI_separate_stencil extensions
- Rewritten assembler for GL_ARB_vertex_program / GL_ARB_fragment_program.
- Added configure –with-max-width=W, –with-max-height=H options to specify max framebuffer, viewport size.
- Initial version of Gallium llvmpipe driver. This is a new driver based on LLVM which makes exensive use of run-time code generation. This is an “alpha” stage driver. See the src/gallium/drivers/llvmpipe/README file for more information.
- i965 DRI driver fixes, including support for “unlimited” size constant buffers (GLSL uniforms)